10) Some years ago (too many to count) I had a Tupperware party at my house. After spending the day cleaning and making dessert, all was in readiness for my guests. A friend, who is much taller than I, was the first to arrive. I can’t tell you how irritated, yet thankful, I was when she pointed out to me that the top of my range hood was covered with grime and dead bugs. Ever since then I have been somewhat paranoid about items in my house above eye level to me that others see quite readily.
9) I am having some issues with my health right now. I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes in 1999. I have managed with oral medication and diet for 10+ years, but this summer my blood sugar ran right off the rails. My doctor and I are struggling to get back on track, but it is difficult right now. Even if I eat no carbohydrates at all, my sugars are running too high. The immediate bad is this makes me feel rundown and sleepy a lot of the time. Long term effects are too horrible to consider. We will get this under control.
8) CJE went back to work/school today. Summer’s over and I really am good with that. It has not been a great summer for us. Whatever normal is, I hope it visits here again real soon.
7) Liam is suffering from hay fever/allergies just like CJE and I do. Poor little mite. His nose is so dry and crusty and it hurts for us to wipe it. He’s a mess. Our old humidifier gave up the ghost at the end of last winter, so I have a new one on its way here. It can’t get here soon enough. I would have liked to have bought one here in town, but the big W is the only game and all they had was junk.
6) On a brighter note, Liam seems to have discovered what a beautiful art form sleeping in is. The past few mornings he has been rolling out sometime between 7:30 and 8:30. I love it! It gives me a chance to focus in the mornings and plan my day. Have a cuppa and enjoy the quiet. Nice.
5) Our home is worth less money than ever these days. However, I got the bill for our annual homeowner’s policy and it went up. Did the insurance company not get the memo?
4) I am having a pedicure at 2 p.m. today. CJE got me a gift certificate for the local day spa for Mother’s Day. I used that up a long time ago, but it really got me hooked on pedicures. Being diabetic, foot care is very important. The local podiatrist made my feet feel worse than ever, but Darcie at Simply Divine makes my feet very happy. Of course, she makes them look good as well. Too bad my health insurance won’t pay for my Darcie fix.
3) I love autumn. It is my absolute favorite time of year. The crispness in the air is intoxicating. I can’t wait for those frosty mornings to arrive and turn the leaves to gold. Spending my Sunday’s curled up under a blanket watching the NFL rates pretty darn high on my list as well. Yea, fall.
2) Liam’s daycare provider has to have major back surgery sometime this fall. I am desperately trying to find a backup person. He only needs about 1½ days a week, but I definitely need those days. Anyone available starting late September through November? Sure wish Grandma lived a lot closer.
1) If you could have any type of fresh cut flowers delivered to your home every week, what type would you pick?
6 hours ago