Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Change?

There is a picture floating around the internet right now that rankles my sense of fair-play.

It is a picture of a very nattily dressed Laura Bush descending the steps of Air Force One. Right next to this is a picture of Michelle Obama dressed in shorts, a tank top and a camp shirt also walking down the steps of the plane. The caption reads “CHANGE.”

The problem I have with it is this: Laura Bush is coming down the steps of Air Force One in a foreign country on a official trip. Michelle Obama is in Phoenix, Arizona, on a family vacation. What was cleverly cut out of her picture is her two little girls on either side of her dressed similarly. They are on VACATION.

Now, I don’t know about you, but I dress a lot differently when I am on vacation than I do when I am going to work. If you look around out there plenty of photos exist of Michelle Obama, both with and without her daughters by her side, dressed every bit as nicely as Laura Bush ever has. Come on people.

Obviously someone decided this would make an interesting statement on the Obama administration’s “change.” I think it just serves to point out what dirty pool these political hacks play.

As I have said before, I can understand if you don’t like his politics, but what is the point of attacking his family?

With very little research I was able to find the origins of the picture and discover what a whack-job whoever put the two photos together must be. Whoever you are, you didn’t make your point. The only point you made clear is you are political vermin preying on the ignorance of the American people. Now I understand there is a lot of ignorance in this country to prey on, but I hope ultimately we are all smart enough to see through this one.

Nice try.

No comments: