10) I don’t spend my change. I bring it home and Liam and I have this little ritual where I put his piggy bank on the floor and he puts all the “pennies” in. When the pig gets full (it holds about $100) we cash it out at the bank and send another check to his college fund. It is so cute because he calls them all “pennies” and counts them as he puts them in. But no more. He is now tall enough to reach the shelf where the piggy sits and just puts them all in himself. Oh, time is fleeting.
9) Liam had his 3-year well baby exam yesterday. He is well. He is small, but the right weight for his height. His motors skills and language skills are on target. He had to get a Hep. booster, but is now up to date on his vaccinations. Well baby.
8) In other good news, Dr Wirkkala says Liam will let us know when the time is right to start potty training and not to get too exercised about it. Liam does everything when the time is right for him, regardless of what we, as parents, might think, want or imagine.
7) One of the wheels fell off my office chair today. I was hoping that meant I would have to take the day off while someone from maintenance came and repaired it, but then I remembered: I am maintenance, too.
6) Pardon me, but I’m going to have to get on my soapbox for just a moment here. If you don’t know how to swim, stay off the water! And I mean it! If you intend to go boating, kayaking, white water rafting, water skiing, parasailing, surfing or riding PWC: LEARN TO SWIM. If you don’t know how to swim, a life vest isn’t good enough. OK I’m done.
5) Something swooped in a couple of nights ago and ate up all the fish in my pond. Well, at least it killed them all. It ate all but the two we found expired at the edge of the pond. It had to have been something pretty big cause they were good sized fish. I am very bummed as two of them were about 10 years old and the rest we’d had at least five years or so. They even had names. RIP: Moe, Larry, Noodle, Frodo and Sam.
4) I found a very cool website today from which I was able to download and print some new quilting patterns. I love it when things like that are free. Of course, I need new projects about like I need a hole in my head, but still . . . cool.
3) I appreciate all my clients. I have some clients who pay on time. I have some clients who pay early. I have some clients who pay late. I really like the ones who pay on time. I love the ones who pay early. I refuse to comment on the ones who pay late.
2) I love it when I meet someone who likes to do some of the things I like to do, or likes to read some of the same books I read, or is interested in some of the same things I am interested in. I don’t expect anyone to buy into everything I love, but finding someone who loves even some of it is a wonderful feeling. So, sometimes, I open my mouth and voilà a new friend!
1) If you could have prevented one event in history, what event would you eliminate?
17 hours ago