When my Grandmother was no longer able to care for herself, my mom and her siblings helped her move into an assisted living facility in my hometown. In the process of moving her and cleaning her house readying it to sell, they came across a box labeled “String too short to use.” In the box was small bits of string, which were indeed, too short to use. We have had many a laugh over this at my Grandmother’s expense. None of us can figure out what she had in mind when she labeled the box and started this collection.
However, the quote itself is masterful and I have been yearning to use it for something. Therefore, my “Ten on Tuesday” will forevermore be entitled: “String too short to use.” After all little of it is likely to be of any use, or much of it is unlikely to be of any use, or not much of it will be useful, or I doubt you’ll be able to make use of any of it or . . .whatever; here goes:
1) Help! My son is 2½ feet tall and weighs 22 pounds, yet he makes more laundry than Chris and I together!?
2) I have told the kindly computer from the extended warranty place in every way I can think of that I don’t want to extend the warranty on my car, yet my “last call” keeps coming in about once a week.
3) After turning my office completely upside down today, Liam is down for the night. Bless his little heart. He cracks me up, even when he is into everything and being rotten.
4) I made the mistake of joining Disney Movie Club for Liam. What a colossal disaster that has turned out to be. I exchanged a movie for a different one, but they credited my account and never sent me the one I really want. Then they sent me another movie I did not order and do not want. Yike!
5) After having such a stellar Monday a couple weeks ago, yesterday was crap. I spent well over an hour searching for $200. Not the cash mind you, just on paper. It’s what I do and mostly I love it, but some days . . . Grrrr!
6) Football season is coming, color me happy! I have projects lining up waiting for those long Sunday afternoons. Picture me rubbing my hands together in anticipatory glee!
7) Why do mom’s drive minivans? Is there a law on the books I am unaware of? Am I in danger of being pulled over because I have a 14-month old in shades riding in a car seat in the back of my Mustang convertible?
8) It was a beautiful day today. The rain last night cleared the air and cooled us off. Nice.
9) My auto dealer client is driving me crazy. It’s one of those “lack of planning/preparation on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.” I started working with him in June and he had had nothing done since opening the dealership in January and now he wants to be in real time by the end of August. Not gonna happen. Cost accounting takes time and I don’t work more than 20-25 hours a week. Wanna find someone else? Be my guest.
10) I thank the God that made me for my life, my loving husband and our little boy. Every day.
17 hours ago